MINUTES OF THE DERWEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 16TH MAY 2018 IN THE COMMITTEE ROOM, CANOLFAN CAE CYMRO, CLAWDDNEWYDD AT 7.30 P.M.
1: PRESENT: Councillors Llefelys Rees (Chairman), Robert Hughes, Thomas Griffiths, Erfyl Roberts, Hywel Jones, John Crowhurst, Gaynor Jones and the Clerk.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. A. Councillors Llefelys Rees, Robert Hughes, Thomas Griffiths and Hywel Jones on agenda item 7D7. B. Councillor Huwel Jones on agenda item 8.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING. Members confirmed 21st March 2018 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES. A. Eisteddfod yr Urdd Sir Ddinbych 2020 thanked Council for the £500.00 grant aid towards the local appeal. B. Kingdom Administrative Officer of Denbighshire County Council confirmed the procedure required to register the “Control of Dogs – Environmental Crime Enforcement information”. C. Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council reported on the following:-
- The highway potholes by Derwenfa, Sarnat Gwyn and Station House in Derwen have been repaired on 27th March 2018.
- The hedges and branches have been trimmed by Parc Bach, Derwen and on the B5105 between Pool Park and Firgrove. D. Modernising Education Officer of Denbighshire County Council confirmed that the cost of the climbing frame falls outside of the cost remit of the new Ysgol Carreg Emlyn build in Clocaenog. E. Members resolved to invite Mrs Eirian Pierce-Jones, Hiraethog Co-ordinator, to a site meeting at Clawddnewydd Pond to discuss potential grant aid for the works required on the pond. F. Scottish Power provided two quotations for the electrical connection to the BT phone box in Derwen:-
- Full electrical connection £741.22.
- Electrical cabling to the phone box with the electrician employed by the Council to complete the final electrical connection £179.22. Members resolved on option 2.
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE 2018/19 TERM OF OFFICE. Members elected Councillor John Crowhurst as Chairman for the 2018/19 term of Office.
- ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN FOR THE 2018/19 TERM OF OFFICE. Members elected Councillor Erfyl Roberts as Vice-chairman for the 2018/19 term of Office.
- FINANCE. A. Bank balances £14,250.00. B. First precept receipt for the 2018/19 financial year £2,000.00. C. the Responsible Financial Officer has completed the Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2018 which is signed by the Chairman and Responsible Financial Officer. Harold Smith of St. Asaph has completed the Internal Audit work on the Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2018. D. Payments:-
- Rhys Jones, Electrician for erecting the heated cabinet in the former BT Phone Box in Derwen – £164.40.
- Clerk’s salary for the quarter ended 30th June 2018 – £300.00.
- HMRC – PAYE for the quarter ended 30th June 2018 – £75.00.
- Harold Smith – Internal Auditor – £180.00.
- BHIB – Annual Insurance Premium – £296.70.
- John Lloyd – two community greens grass cutting – £144.00.
- Canolfan Cae Cymro, Clawddnewydd – grant aid – £2,000.00.
- PLANNING APPLICATION. Planning Application 12/2018/0296 for reconstruction of existing redundant outbuilding to office accommodation and installation of septic tank (amended scheme) at Ty Isaf, Clawddnewydd – no objections.
- CORRESPONDENCE. A. Denbighshire County Council Planning Department will host a “Planning Training Session” on Thursday 24th May 2018 in Caledfryn, Denbigh between 6.00 and 8.00 p.m. B. the Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2018 will be held over the weekend of 5th to 7th October 2018. C. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
- DISCUSSION WITH THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE. A. Members resolved for the Clerk to write to the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council following the issues raised with the public in attendance:-
- Confirm when the highway between Derwen Village and Gwerni will be resurfaced.
- The highway running surface water between Derwen and Bryn Saith Marchog still exists.
- Confirm when the gully by Hendre Fawr in Derwen will be repaired.
- Potholes repairs required between Sarnat Gwyn and Parc Bach in Derwen. B. Concerns are expressed on the anticipated work on the trees surrounding Clawddnewydd Pond.
- URGENT MATTERS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972. The first turf cutting ceremony of the new Ysgol Carreg Emlyn School site in Clocaenog will take place on Friday 18th May 2018 at 10.30 a.m.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 18th July 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Derwen at 7.30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE DERWEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 18TH JULY 2018 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, DERWEN AT 7.30 PM
PRESENT: Councillors John Crowhurst (Chairman), Hywel Jones, Thomas Griffiths, Llefelys Rees, Gaynor Jones and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Councillors Robert Hughes and Erfyl Roberts.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. No declarations to declare.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING. Members confirmed 16th May 2018 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES. A. Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council reported on the following:-
- The surface water problem on the Derwen to Bryn Saith Marchog roas has now been passed to the Land Drainage Unit to investigate and action.
- There is no further planned work to extend the hedge cutting between Pool Park and Firgrove on the B5105 between Clawddnewydd and Ruthin.
- The potholes repairs work between Parc Bach and Sarnat Gwyn, Derwen is ongoing. B. Scottish Power has now completed the electrical work to the former BT Phone Box on Derwen. The Council’s electrical contractor needs to complete the electrical connection. C. Following the site meeting at Clawddnewydd pond on 13th June 2018, Mrs Eirian Pierce-Jones (Hiraethog coordinator) has communicated with the Countryside Services of Denbighshire County Council on the required works at the pond and is seeking any relevant grant funding towards the works required.
- CHURCH HOUSE IN DERWEN. Members discussed the email received by the Chairman from Martin King, Chairman of “Dyffryn Clwyd Area Property Committee”, stating the Committee has no longer the funds to maintain the Church House in Derwen and enquired if the Community Council would take over the responsibility of the Church House. Members resolved not to take over the responsibility of the building.
- FINANCE. A. Bank balances £11,039.00. B. Bill payments:-
- Mr John Lloyd for two community grass cuttings £144.00.
- Canolfan Cae Cymro for two Council meetings £20.00.
- Clerk’s expenses for the Wern Ddu Wind Farm Committee £34.36.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS. None received.
- CORRESPONDENCE. A number of reports were received for information purposes.
- DISCUSSION WITH THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC IN ATTENDANCE. A. Additional grass cutting of the Derwen Church Cemetery is required – the Clerk to ask Mr John Lloyd to discuss the issue with Reverend Richard Carter. B. New replacement litter bin required next to Clawddnewydd Pond – the Clerk to contact Denbighshire County Council to request a replacement bin. C. Request for the Clerk to publish the list of the grants awarded to organisations following the recent Wern Ddu Community Wind Farm Fund.
- URGENT BUSINESS UBDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972. A. Resolved for the Clerk to remind Mr John Lloyd to replace the damaged tree on the Derwen Green. B. Councillor Llefelys Rees agreed to provide the War Memorial plaque next to the village notice board in Derwen. C. Resolved for the Clerk to inform Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council to cut the overgrown highway hedge on the field by Glasfryn, Derwen. D. Resolved for the Clerk to check the Planning Permission for the recent two houses on the Clocaenog Road in Clawddnewydd to clarify how the waste water is disposed. E. Resolved for the Clerk to apply to Ysgol Carreg Emlyn in Clocaenog for funding towards the local Eisteddfod yr Urdd Sir Ddinbych 2020 appeal. F. Resolved for the Clerk to seek legal advice from One Voice Wale regarding the decision of “Melin Wynt Cambwll” to by-pass the Community Council annual grant towards the local good causes.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Wednesday 19th September 2018 in the Committee Room, Canolfan Cae Cymro, Clawddnewydd at 7.30 p.m.
CYNGOR CYMUNED DERWEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL. WERN DDU WIND FARM COMMUNITY FUND. 2018 DISTRIBUTION.
ANTUR CAE CYMRO VILLAGE ASSOCIATION, CLAWDDNEWYDD £1,400.00.
CAE CYMRO BOWLS CLUB, CLAWDDNEWYDD £200.00.
CYLCH MEITHRIN, CLOCAENOG £400.00.
DERWEN CHURCHYAD CEMETERY COSTS £371.00.
CLOCAENOG W.I. £400.00.
FESTRI CAPEL DERWEN CHAPEL VESTRY £1,000.00.
CLWB PÊL DROED CLAWDDNEWYDD FOOTBALL CLUB £400.00.